Attributes or ratings are the arbitrary statistics that measure the skills of a player in the Madden NFL series. Attributes are usually measured on a scale from 0 to 100. The higher the stat, the better the specific player is at the activity the attribute measures. For example, a higher speed stat results in a player that has a better maximum running speed, a higher injury stat increases a player's resistance to injuries, and a higher throw power stat increases the distance that a player can throw the ball.
List of attributes[edit | edit source]
Overall ratings[edit | edit source]
- Overall Rating (OVR): Overall player rating. It is calculated by weighing certain attributes more heavily depending on the position of the player. For example, quarterback‘s throwing power is more important for a quarterback than a defensive end. In turn, a defensive end's throwing power does not affect the DE's overall rating
- Strength Rating (STR): Higher the strength, the better a player will block or a defender will shed blocks and more effectively use power moves.
- Agility Rating (AGI): Determines how quick a player can “cut” or change directions.
- Speed Rating (SPD): Fastest speed your player will run.
- Acceleration Rating (ACC): Rate at which player will reach their fastest speed.
- Stamina (STA): Determines how fast a player will get tired and need to be subbed out. The higher the stamina, the longer a player can stay in the game without getting tired.
- Awareness (AWR): How quickly a player will react to his surroundings. With higher awareness ratings, blockers will set-up and react to blocking lanes better, wide receivers will look for the ball faster on routes, defenders will react to the ball faster in the air for zone and man coverage, while defensive lineman will react to run plays and slip screens faster.
- Jumping (JMP): Determines how high a player can jump and catch a ball.
- Injury (INJ): Determines how easily a player will be injured. A higher injury rating lessens the chance of a player getting hurt.
- Toughness (TGH): How quickly a player can recover from an injury. A higher toughness rating allows players to recover more quickly and lessen the chance a player would be re-injured..
Passing-specific ratings[edit | edit source]
- Throw Power (THP): Determines the distance and speed a player can throw a ball.
- Short Throw Accuracy (SAC): Determines throwing accuracy on passes below 20 yards.
- Medium Throw Accuracy (MAC): Determines throwing accuracy on passes between 20 and 40 yards.
- Deep Throw Accuracy (DAC): Determines throwing accuracy on passes over 40 yards.
- Throw on the Run (RUN): Determines throwing accuracy on passes made when the player is outside the pocket.
- Play Action (PAC): Determines how well a player can fake out a defender when running a play-action pass.
- Throw Under Pressure (TUP): Determines how well a player can throw under pressure
Ball-carrier ratings[edit | edit source]
- Trucking (TRK): how well a player runs over an opponent.
- Elusiveness (ELU): Determines a player’s ability to successful perform juke, spin, stutter step, etc...
- Ball Carrier Vision (BCV):
- Stiff Arm (SFA):
- Spin Move (SPM):
- Juke Move (JKM):
- Carrying (CAR): Determines how well the player protects the football. A higher carrying rating will translate to less fumbles.
Receiving ratings[edit | edit source]
- Catching (CTH):
- Catch in traffic (CIT): How well a player will bring in a catch despite being covered.
- Route Running (RTE):
- Spectacular Catch (SPC):
- Release (RLS): How fast a player begins their route after the ball is snapped.
Defense ratings[edit | edit source]
- Tackle (TAK):
- Power Moves (PMV):
- Finesse Moves (FMV):
- Block Shedding (BSH):
- Pursuit (PUR):
- Play Recognition (PRC):
- Man coverage (MCV):
- Zone coverage (ZCV):
- Press (PRS):
- Hit Power (HTP):
Blocking ratings[edit | edit source]
- Pass Block (PBK):
- Run Block (RBK):
- Impact Block (IBL):
Kicking ratings[edit | edit source]
- Kick Power (KPW): The power of the player’s kicks
- Kick Accuracy (KAC): The accuracy of the player’s kicks
- Kick Return (RET):
References[edit | edit source]
- Fully Detailed Meaning of each Attribute! (Keep this Thread alive for others). muthead.com.
- Madden Attributes and Ratings Explained. e-athlete.com.